11 Sep 2014 - 1.6 - russian windows language fix
- Added a fix for people who have their windows language set to Russian.
- Added an installer. (1.5)
- Ported the program to .NET 3.5 (1.5)
- made pinging faster. (1.5)
This submission was updated.
This program can be useful for the following people:
- 1- People who don't want to play on the Russian servers, and rather play on the EU West servers where more people speak English and there are far less Russians (Russians get close to 100ms on EU West).
- 2- Players living in South America who aren't Brazilian, and want to play with people who speak English on the American servers.
- 3- Australian players who want to play at down time and can't find any games. They can block the Aus servers and play on the Asian ones with 100ms ping.
- 4- People like me who don't mind 300 ping and like to visit new servers every now and then (South Africa = good people)
- 5- People in India and UAE and other countries who want to play on other servers rather than play on the hackfest that is the Dubai servers, you can block Dubai using this program. (valve locks you to the dubai servers if you have under 80ms ping to them)
How to install:
- 1- Run mmserverpicker_setup.exe, and finish the setup.
How to use:
- 1- Run the "MM Server Picker" shortcut As Administrator
- 2- Hit the "Refresh" Button, now the ping of each server should appear under it's name.
- 3- Select only the servers you want to play on, and keep the servers you don't want to play on Unselected.
- 4- Hit "Apply", the servers that weren't selected will say "Blocked" under their name, if they still show the ping then you didn't run the program as administrator or your windows firewall isn't working.
- 5- Close the program after you're done, it doesn't need to stay open.
- 6- that's it, now all the servers that aren't selected have been blocked and matchmaking won't put you on them anymore.
If you get errors then:
If it doesn't work it's because of one of these reasons:
- 1- You need to start it as administrator.
- 2- You have windows firewall turned off. (Open control panel > Windows Firewall > "Use recommended settings")
If your windows language is set to russian:
- run the file called: ""run this once if your windows language is russian or pings won't appear.bat"" which is in your matchmaking server picker's folder then use the program normally.
How to Uninstall:
- 1- run the program as administrator and click "Reset".
- 2- Delete the "Matchmaking Server Picker" Folder.
- 1- Works On: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Vista.
- 2- Make sure to disable Kaspersky/Norton/AVG firewall and Enable the Windows Firewall (Can be done in the antivirus's settings).
- 3- Windows Firewall Has to be Enabled for this program to work.
- 4- If you are having problems watching gotv games then just click reset to disable all the blocks.
- 5- If even 1 person in the lobby has some servers blocked, then you will NOT connect to those servers. (even if he's not the leader)
- 6- This program is 100% VAC Safe, you will never be banned because of it.
If you are feeling generous and want to donate me some skins then you can use this trade offer link (thank you very much :)
Here's an alternate download link if you can't download it from the gamebanana link.
Want access to cool stuff? As a member you can:
Posted by shooshoo
No EU North?
Russia = EU North
I'm using the names from dota 2's server picker here (Valve's Official names).
No EU North?
ah sorry about that, I'll post patch notes from now on.
1000 downloads :D thanks everyone!
If anyone has any suggestions/requests then please write a comment :)